When trying to connect and use the Excel Add-in, an error occurs:
File not found: vbasdk_20XXXXXX\winXX\lib1010vbasdk.dll
The error occurs if the actual file lib10100vbasdk.dll is missing (which indicates the install hasn't completed or wasn't successful).
1) Restart your computer if you haven't yet, and try again. The computer needs to be restarted most of the time in order for the changes to take effect.
If that doesn't help, continue the steps below.
2) To check if the file exists, open the following folder:
C:\Users\<<yourusername>>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns\1010data Inc\1010data Excel Add-in
(You can copy and paste this path in Windows Explorer, make sure to replace <<yourusername>> with your windows username)
You will see a subfolder named vbasdk_201xxxxx (matching the error message).
Within this folder will be another folder called win32 (or win64 depending on the version installed). Please open the one corresponding with the error message, and check for a file called lib1010vbasdk.dll
Note: If you cannot see the folder AppData in your users folder, you'll need to change your options to be able to see hidden files and folders:
Click on View > Options in the Windows Menu.
Select the View tab, and change the setting to 'Show hidden files, folders, and drives'.
4) Uninstall the existing Excel Add-in within Excel, go to Add-ins > 1010data > Uninstall...
5) Start the installation. Right-click the installation file and select the option: Run as administrator (if available).
6) Once the installation has completed, return to step 2) to re-check that the file lib1010vbasdk.dll is now in the directory mentioned above.