You can link the resultant worksheet from a separate existing TRS window into the table or worksheet in your current TRS window.
To link in an existing worksheet:
- In the New operation panel, click Link. The 1010data Insights Platform displays the object browser in the Link tables panel.
- Optionally, in the Suffix field at the bottom of the table browser, enter a suffix. While not required, this field is highly recommended as it differentiates the column names from the two tables you are linking.
The suffix may be any alphanumeric value and may contain underscores. In the resultant table, the suffix will be appended to the column names of the foreign table, which you are linking in, and is useful when linking tables that contain similarly-named columns. For example, if you are viewing your Sales Item Detail table and want to link in your Product Master table, you might append a suffix of _PM to the columns from Product Master in the resultant table.
In this example, a column named class in the Product Master table is named class_PM in the resultant table. Any reference to these columns (e.g., when creating a computed column) would use the column names with the suffix.
- Click Link to worksheet. The Insights Platform displays options to link to a table, a new worksheet, or an existing worksheet.
- Below Link to an existing worksheet, click the existing worksheet you want to link in. The Insights Platform displays the link column options in the Link tables panel.
- In the After linking drop-down list, select one of the following options:
Option Description Keep all rows Select this option to link in all rows from the foreign table.
This is useful if you want to look at additional information about one subset of rows in a table or worksheet but still maintain the original level of detail for the other rows.
Include matching rows Retains only those rows in the base table that correspond to the selection in the foreign table. Exclude matching rows Retains only those rows in the base table that do not have a match in the foreign table. Expand to include all matching rows Expands the base table by copying the row that matches the column in the foreign table and linking on both those rows.
- Optionally, to view the column name instead of the column label, select the Show with column name option.
- From the first section, which correspond to and lists the current table or worksheet title, drag the column or columns you want to link on into the blank section directly to the right. This is the column from the table you currently have open.
Next, select a column in the foreign worksheet you are linking in that corresponds to the one you just selected in the table you currently have open.
- From the last section, which correspond to and lists the foreign worksheet title, drag the column or columns you want to match to those specified in the previous step to the blank section directly to the left.
- Click the Submit operation () icon. The Insights Platform links the foreign worksheet into the current base table or worksheet and displays the columns from the two tables combined.