Row selection allows you to focus on a subset of rows.
To use simple comparisons to select rows:
- In the New operation panel of the Trillion-Row Spreadsheet, click Select. The 1010data Insights Platform displays the Simple Comparisons fields and options in the Select rows panel.
- From the Column drop-down list, select a column. This drop-down list contains the columns in the table or worksheet. By default, the first column in the table or worksheet is displayed first in the list.Note: When the list is open, you can filter the list of columns by entering text in the search field. This is helpful if your table or worksheet contains a large number of columns.
- From the Relationship drop-down list, select a relationship. This drop-down list contains the options used to specify the relationship (e.g., equal to, greater than, contains, etc.) between a column and a value.
- Specify the value for the row selection by doing one of the following:
Option Description Use a constant value In the Value field, enter or select a value. Select an existing Visible Variable Click the Reference Visible Variable () icon and then select an existing Visible Variable from the drop-down list.Note: The Visible Variable must already exist within the same workspace of your current session to be available from the drop-down list. Create a new Visible Variable Click the Reference Visible Variable () icon and then click the Create new Visible Variable () icon.
For instructions on creating a Visible Variable, see Create a Visible Variable in a row selection.
- Optionally, add an additional value to the row selection. Adding additional Value fields creates an and selection. This type of selection includes only those rows that meet all of the entered value criteria for the selected column.Note: You can specify more than one value when any of the following relationship options are selected: = (has the value), ≠ (does not have the value), contains (contains the substring), ~contains (does not contain the substring), begins with, or ends with.
- Click the Add Value () icon.
- In the new Value field, specify the additional value.
- Optionally, add an additional term to the row selection. A term is the combination of a column, relationship, and value. Adding an additional term creates an or selection. This type of selection includes rows that meet the entered value criteria in each term.
- Click Add 'or' Term. The Insights Platform adds an additional set of selection criteria (a term) to the row selection.
- Specify the column, relationship, and value for the additional term.
- Click Add 'or' Term.
- For each value in your row selection that is defined to use a Visible Variable, do the following:
- Locate the appropriate Visible Variable within the same workspace of your current session. A Visible Variable is identified by its label and may appear as either a window or as a widget that is pinned to the canvas.
- As appropriate, enter or select a value.
- Locate the appropriate Visible Variable within the same workspace of your current session.
- Click the Submit operation () icon. The Insights Platform displays the results of your selection in the grid.