Merge two or more tables together in 1010data.
To merge two or more tables together in 1010data:
- In the Folders and Tables browser, select the tables you want to merge together. Note: The tables that you are merging together must have compatible columns (i.e., column names, column types, column formats); otherwise, you will receive an error when you attempt to merge them.
- On the Folders and Tables toolbar, click the Merge icon ().
The items you have selected will be highlighted in green. You can add more tables to merge at this point, or continue to the next step.
- Click Next.
You will be presented with a number of fields (regarding the destination folder) beneath the toolbar.
- In the Folders and Tables browser, select the folder where you want to save the merged table. Note: You can only save a merged table to a folder you own () or have permission to modify ().The folder you select will be highlighted in red.
- In the Title text box, enter the title of the merged table.
The title is used to help describe the contents of a table (e.g., Merged Sales Detail by Customer). The title may contain any combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, spaces, and special characters. If you leave this field blank, a system-generated title will be used (e.g., Merged 2014-01-02 18:10:41).
- In the Full Path text box, enter the table name. The table name must begin with a letter and can only contain numbers, letters, and underscores. It cannot contain any spaces or other special characters. If you leave this field blank, a system-generated name will be used (e.g., t662518159_yourusername). The path to the destination folder will be automatically prepended to the Full Path.Note: If you are saving the merged table to the My Data folder, the path uploads will be automatically prepended to the Full Path, and a system-generated table name will be used (e.g., uploads.t662528755_yourusername). You will not be able to enter anything into the Full Path text box.
- Click Merge.