A quick summary allows you to perform calculations on one or more columns in a table on the 1010data Insights Platform very easily.
To perform a quick summary on one or more columns:
- In an open table or worksheet, click
The Quick Summary dialog is presented.
- For each column of data that you want to summarize:
Note: To change the number of summarizations that appear in the Quick Summary dialog, click and change the Number of Summarizations for Quick Summary setting under the User Interface section.
- From the Column drop-down list, select the column you would like to summarize.
- From the Type of Summary drop-down list, select the type of summarization.
- If the type of summarization you are performing requires a second column, select that column from the Reference Column drop-down list.
See Types of Summarizations for Quick Summaries for which calculations require a reference column.
- Click Submit.
The resultant table will contain the summarizations you have specified.
Missing values in the data are handled automatically. For example, if you are computing the average value of a column that has some missing (N/A) values, those values are ignored when computing the average. See the descriptions of the individual types of summarizations to see how N/A values are handled for each.
The following table is the result of a quick summary that calculates the sum of sales, average cost, and highest number of units sold across all transactions in the Sales Item Detail table: