Create a new group of 1010data users.
To create a new group in 1010data:
- Under the drop-down menu corresponding to your username in the top right corner of your 1010data session, click Admin.
The Account Administration page will be opened in a new tab.
- On the Account Administration toolbar, click the Group Manager icon ().
- In the Group ID text box, enter the name of the group. (required)
The Group ID can only contain letters, numbers, and underscores. It cannot contain any spaces or other special characters.Note: You cannot change the name of the group once it has been created.
- Select which value to use for the Group ID prefix.
The selected value will be automatically prepended to the value you enter in the Group ID text box:
- User ID - Your user ID will be automatically prepended to the value you enter in the Group ID text box (e.g., rd_jsmith_marketingteam).
- Company ID - Your company ID will be automatically prepended to the value you enter in the Group ID text box (e.g., acme_supportgroup).
- In the Owner box, enter the name of the owner of the group. (required)
This field will contain your user ID by default, but it may be changed so that you can assign a different owner to the group. This must be a valid user ID; otherwise, you will receive an error when you try to create the group.
- In the Users box, enter a space-separated list of usernames that you would like to include in this group. (optional)
If there are any invalid usernames (i.e., do not exist, do not have the same company ID), an error message will be returned when you try to create the new group.
- In the Title text box, enter a title to help identify the group. (optional)
The title may contain any combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, spaces, and special characters.
- In the Description text box, enter a description about the group. (optional)
- Click Create New Group.
The group is created.
The following values in the Group Manager are populated:
Note: These values cannot be changed by the user.
- Group Creation Time
- Previous Time Group was Updated
- User to Create Group
- Previous User to Update Group
- Previous Version to Update Group