We’ve identified a recent update to certain security applications as the cause. This erroneously identifies the 1010data Excel Add-in as malicious, and removes or isolates it from your system.
The Excel Add-in is now whitelisted at many security software applications. Please update your software to obtain the latest malware definitions. If you don’t see the option to update, ask your IT team to help. You may then need to reinstall the Excel Add-in.
Here are two workarounds you can use to continue to use the tool:
Workaround 1 (preferred): Ask your IT department to whitelist the file 1010data.xlam, typically saved to one of these paths:
- C:\Users*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns\1010data Inc\Excel Add-in\1010data.xlam
- C:\Users*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns\1010data Inc\1010data Excel Add-in\1010data.xlam
Workaround 2: Run the installer to repair the installation of the Add-in. Note, this will need to be done each time you open Excel - Workaround 1 is preferable.
To repair the installation:
- Download the Excel Add-in installer from: https://www.1010data.com/support/1010data-technical-interfaces/excel-add-in/
- Open Excel.
- Run the installer (either exceladdinSetup32.msi or exceladdinSetup64.msi).
- Accept the license agreements.
- Choose “Repair”.
- Click Next and complete the installation. Do not close Excel until you are done using the Excel Add-in.